Even though renewable energy isn’t new, the shift towards it is. Which is why one of the biggest concerns people have before shifting to Solar, is related to its upkeep and maintenance. One of the biggest myths related to the installation of the Solar system is that many believe it to be tricky to clean and maintain. In this blog, we talk about how you can take care of your solar system without any hassle or extra effort on your end.
Why are Solar Systems considered to be tough to maintain?
Solar Systems aren’t tough to maintain at all, but the fact that many believe it to be so, baffles us. There’s a preconceived notion about all things technical that they are hard to maintain. That was the first thing that was said about a mobile phone too. Since many do not know how a solar panel operates, they take it to be something to stay away from. If you have any such doubts, begin by researching about the Solar System. See what it is and how it works. You can also refer to our blog (Hyperlink the science behind solar blog), to learn more about how a Solar System works and that will give you a clearer idea on the subject. If you already have a Solar system installed or are thinking of getting one, keep reading to understand how to take care of it for maximum efficiency..
Tips to maintain your Solar System:
If you are getting a Solar System installed from a reliable company, your dealer will already explain all this to you. In case they fail to do so, here’s what you need to make ensure:
- Do not keep the Solar panels away from the sunlight. The Solar Panels need to be placed in a certain direction which exposes them to direct sunlight. That will ensure that they absorb maximum sunlight and give the best output.
- Always keep an eye on the inverter to see if the lights are working fine. If the lights are not blinking or flashing, contact your dealer as that is a sign of the system being inactive.
- Keep a check on your daily energy production. Many companies will provide you with an energy production device that will help you calculate the electricity produced. Notice the production on normal days as well as the rainy and cloudy days. It will help you understand your daily production as well as consumption which will enable you to calculate your ROI.
- Always get your system checked after a storm. Many people assume that if the system is working fine, then there is nothing wrong with it. However it is advised to always call the company in, for a checkup round especially after a storm. This is to avoid any problem that might become a bigger issue later on.
If you practice these tips, your Solar system will last you a long time without you having to spend so much money on it. Now that we have covered the maintenance part, let’s talk about the cleanup.
Easy ways to clean your Solar Panels:
With every tech gadget or electronic equipment, there is this fear of cleaning at, but if you follow the tips given below, you will see just how easy it is to clean your solar panels.
- If you are busy and rarely find the time to clean up after you, it would be best to simply schedule a cleanup appointment from a solar panel cleaning company. Leave it to the professionals and they will show up on their designated time and will clean it for you without you having to worry about a thing.
- Get a proper solar panel cleaning kit, and use that to clean your Solar system. The kits come with a brush, cleaning liquid, wiper as well as an instructions card. All this will help you clean your system with products that are safe and will not damage the equipment.
- Stay away from using any harsh material or brushes on the solar panels. Do not use a wire sponge or any other abrasive material. Instead go with a soft rag. The best time to clean the panels is when they are already wet, so after rain or fog, or early in the morning, when the panels have dew settling on them, is the ideal time to get all dirt and grime off them.
- Use a hose and a long handled wiper to clean them while ensuring that the water pressure isn’t too high.
- Always make sure that the solar panels are free of dirt and do not have anything settling on them. The more dirt and dust they have on them, the less effective they will be at absorbing sunlight, and the less output you will get.
These are the easy ways through which you can take proper care of your Solar System. A good Solar System will last you for 25 to 30 years if you take good care of them. Get Solar Systems from us and we will ensure that you don’t have to go to great lengths for their maintenance as we sell only the best panels that not only save your energy costs, but also maximize your savings.
Make sure that you follow all the tips given above to ensure long term benefits from your Solar System.